TUTORIAL: How to put lipstick perfectly and without smudging
Very few cosmetic products can make a woman feel beautiful and charming like a lipstick applied to perfection. The shades on the market are almost endless and meet every taste and need.
Whether you choose red, fuchsia, pink, on the sensual nuances of burgundy or opt for the most delicate nude shades, you need to follow some tricks to avoid creating unsightly smudges and make it last a long time.
In this article you will find some tips that will surely come in handy!
Never go in a hurry
Before getting to the heart of the more technical suggestions, we would like to remind you of something obvious as well as indispensable for our goal: the lipstick should be applied calmly .
Unless you are a steady black belt and experienced acrobats, able to apply it even on a moving subway - there are few chosen ones who have these super powers, but we know that there are some out there - there we invite you not to try an application in 3 seconds, because lipstick and haste do not at all agree and this is the first piece of advice we feel we can give you.
How to put lipstick without pencil
Probably the most typical situation. You have bought a beautiful lipstick and can not wait to wear it, but you have not yet taken (or found) a pencil of the shade of lipstick with which to make the lip edging. You are therefore afraid of drooling and having to remove it and reapply it until the form you manage to create is not acceptable.
In this case there are two variants:
- If the lipstick is new , it will certainly have the perfect stick cut (not being consumed) and you could probably be able to apply it with a certain ease even by itself, without resorting to other supports. < / li>
- If the lipstick is not new and is now quite worn, it becomes impossible to apply it precisely in a single way. In this case there is only one alternative solution and it is to use a thin brush that is specific for the application of creamy products, such as our Green Detail How to put lipstick on thin lips
How to put lipstick on full lips
If you have full lips you can choose to highlight them without any corrective make-up and freely choose the colors that you like and suit you best, enhancing the natural volume, or you may prefer to make a slight correction of the edges to make the lips look like slightly more small .
In this case the procedure is as follows:
- When you make the face base with primer, foundation and face powder, make sure you cover the sides of the lips as well to hide the original shape of the mouth, erasing its perimeter
- At this point, take a well-tempered pencil of the color to match the lipstick you have chosen. Go and recreate the border of your lips remaining about one or two millimeters more internally than the natural edge
- Fill the new and different contour you created with lipstick
Beauty tip: choosing a lipstick with a matte finish and a medium color - dark or dark, further helps to optically reduce the size of the lips.
How to put lipstick on thin lips
In this case it is necessary to adopt the technique contrary to that useful for the correction of very fleshy lips. The aim is to make thin lips look a little fuller and luscious. Such as? Nothing could be simpler.
Also in this case, make your face base so as to put a layer of foundation and powder also on the lips, in order to hide the natural shape and "arm yourself" with a well-tempered pencil.
The difference is all in the fact that this time the new shape of the lips will be drawn not towards the inside, but one or two millimeters outside (towards the outside) with respect to the perimeter of the natural shape of the lips.
Beauty tip: then go to fill your lips with a lipstick with a creamy finish, or even better a gloss with high pigmentation and colors clear < / strong> and vibrant, it will make the lips look decidedly more fleshy.
How to wear red lipstick
The correct procedure for applying red lipstick does not differ from that to be followed for any other color and that is summed up with:
- Draw the outline of the mouth with a lip pencil
- Fill in the trace created with the chosen lipstick
What normally changes is the right lipstick shade for each. To avoid mistakes we suggest you follow your natural colors and the temperature of your complexion.
If you are very hot , colors like gold, orange, caramel, chocolate brown and bronze are good, choose a shade of red lipstick that is equally warm. A nice red tomato or poppy for example, or a red one with a drop of brown inside like our Chocolate Eclaire
If you are cold , there are good colors like blue, purple or petrol green, instead choose a shade of cold red, that is with a hint of blue in it, or with a tip of magenta. Excellent berry tones, reds with a touch of raspberry or black cherry.
How to make lipstick last longer
If you have a busy day ahead of you and require long-lasting lips, a wedding, a ceremony or a date, chances are that your makeup also has a duration of the lipstick you are going to put on.
To make a lipstick last longer, in addition to the ab origine choice of a lipstick that is already designed to be long lasting (like our Dessert à Lèvres) the secret is basically to put the lip pencil not only along the edge, to draw the shape to be filled later with lipstick, but also on the rest of the lips, filling them completely.
Later, go over and overlay the lipstick you like.
How to make a matte lipstick
Have you bought a lipstick without trying it and once at home have you noticed that the finish is too creamy for your tastes? Are you a diehard lipstick lover?
Don't worry, the remedy exists.
- Apply the lipstick that you purchased with the classic method of beading with lip pencil and filling with lipstick
- Take a sheet of makeup-specific tissue paper
- Place the tissue on the lips so that it completely covers the made-up mouth, and comes into contact with the lipstick
- Take a fairly large make-up brush and loose powder (for example our face powder Matte )
- Take a little powder and brush it on the tissue where it comes into contact with the lips: it will dry the oily portion
- Remove the vellum and voilà: your lipstick has become opaque!
A simple and effective method.